Your American History lesson for the day
I was listening to the children put together their puzzle of the American presidents (we’re studying election history right now,) and I overheard some information that may have been missing from your public school education in American history. I felt compelled to share with you to fill in any gaps you might have in your education:
- Ulysses S. Grant is apparently pronounced “Useless S, Grant.”
- Martin Van Buren, otherwise knows as Martin Van Brew-In was affectionately known to his closest friends as Fluffy Face because of his fluffy sideburns.
- William Henry Harrison is known as “Mr. Grrrrrrr Guy” because on the puzzle he looks likes he’s growling.
- Warren G. Harding is nicknamed “Gordon” because of his stern face which apparently is reminiscent of that historical character Gordon of Thomas the Tank Engine fame.
- James A. Garfield is known as James A. Girl-Field.
- Harry S. Truman is referred to widely as Harry S. Falseman.
I feel better now that you’ve all been educated! 🙂
Haha! I love it!
That is so cute!
These are great!!! Being the staunch southerners that we are, we like #1 the best! >>God bless,>Kristen