This is my job! I try to put the children in the way of tools and resources so that they can investigate, explore and create. This art center is simply an answer to that job of mine.
- I wanted the shelf space for books.
- I needed the art supplies to be more accessible to all members of our family (little and big).
- I had a wooden tv cabinet that was solid, sturdy, unused, that Rob and I DID NOT want to lug up to the attic and that I was sure had a REAL purpose somewhere in my learning room…if only I could figure out what it was!
A short word about waterbrush pens: We love them! They’re fantastic because they contain the water necessary for watercoloring within the barrel. My oldest daughter really enjoys them. They’re so perfect for nature walk watercolors completed in the field. I always give credit to Kimberlee’s post, The Joy of Watercolors, because that’s where I learned about these waterbrush pens and we’ve enjoyed them so much ever since she told us about them!
- A post on the Quick Tidy that we do daily and keeps my/our sanity intact. Everything has a place and everything in its place is so much more workable if you quick tidy for 10 minutes daily.
- A post on Toys: My Thoughts on Choosing, Managing, and Ordering Toys in the Home